* * *nounmilitary headquarters from which a military commander controls and organizes the forces
* * *abbreviationgeneral headquarters
* * *Mil.general headquarters.Also, G.H.Q.
* * *abbrevGeneral Headquarters
* * *GHQ UK [ˌdʒiː eɪtʃ ˈkjuː] US [ˌdʒi eɪtʃ ˈkju] noun [uncountable]General Headquarters: the place from which a military operation is controlledThesaurus: fighting in a war and relating to fighting in a warhyponym
* * *GHQ (no periods),General Headquarters.
* * *abbr. general headquarters
* * *the abbreviation for ‘general headquarters’ (the main centre of a military organization)
He was posted to GHQ Cairo.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
GHQ — may refer:* General headquarters, a generic term for a military command center, see headquarters ** In Japan, it usually refers to Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers. ** AFP General Headquarters Headquarters Service Command (GHQ HSC) **… … Wikipedia
GHQ — [ˌdʒi: eıtʃ ˈkju:] n [U] general headquarters the place that a large military operation is controlled from … Dictionary of contemporary English
GHQ — (general headquarters) command center, administrative center (also g.h.q.) … English contemporary dictionary
GHQ — ► ABBREVIATION ▪ General Headquarters … English terms dictionary
GHQ — abbrev. General Headquarters … English World dictionary
GHQ — [[t]ʤi͟ː eɪtʃ kju͟ː[/t]] N UNCOUNT GHQ is used to refer to the place where the people who organize military forces or a military operation work. GHQ is an abbreviation for General Headquarters . [MILITARY] ...the dispatches he was carrying from… … English dictionary
GHQ — Der Sitz des SCAP während der Besatzungszeit war das Dai ichi Seimei Gebäude in Chiyoda, gegenüber der kaiserlichen Residenz. Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers (abgekürzt: SCAP; deutsch „Oberkommandierender für die Alliierten Mächte“;… … Deutsch Wikipedia
GHQ — abbreviation general headquarters … New Collegiate Dictionary
GHQ — Mil. general headquarters. Also, G.H.Q. * * * … Universalium
GHQ — General Health Questionnaire (Medical » Physiology) *** General HeadQuarters (Governmental » Military) … Abbreviations dictionary